Friday, July 17, 2009

Photo update.

This is strictly to tell you that we are back in Guatemala City for the night and will be traveling to Huehuetenango tomorrow. The group's kind of going downhill one-by-one. I luckily have not been hit with the sick bug yet, but it would be great if you could keep all of us in your prayers. There are MANY incredible stories from today, but I must sleep so this is strictly for picture purposes.














This is a picture of a few of the girls when we first got to our hotel. From left are Alayna, Sarah, Kaitlyn, me, Julianne, and Patience.


So funny story I forgot to mention is that when we were going to Antigua we were told we were supposed to pack for 3 days and ended up staying for 6, so all of our clothes got to be worn twice. Yeah. Quite an adventure.



This was our first day at Alotenango. The kids here were the best behaved kids EVER and we enjoyed greatly getting to spend our days with them. Due to the Manchen activity we got to spend more time with these children than planned.



I would also like to introduce you to the classic Guatemalan child.




I don't know this girl's name, but these are the children we get to spend time with.




These are a few girls from Manchen. They LOVED having their pictures taken.






And this is Kaitlyn with Eddy and Jorge in Jocotenango. These children are already so precious to us and I just hope that it only gets better! Thank you for your prayers and support and I will update again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ali,
    It was so good to talk to you yesterday! I have been thinking about you so much and praying for your team. Thank so much for posting pictures-it makes me feel connected to you. I love seeing all of you with the kids. I am proud of you and admire what you all are doing there.

    Love and miss you tons!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete