Thursday, July 9, 2009

La Primera Noche

Ok, here we go. This morning I flew into Dallas VERY early in the morning and got to hang out at the Buckner office until the other interns got into town. When everyone got there I was SO excited to meet everyone. I guess after spending 2 days at home by myself and flying this morning I was ready to be around people for a long time. Anyways, so people started slowly coming into the office and I one by one got to meet the members of my team. They are more than I could have prayed for. Everyone is already bonding so much and it's weird to think that we're still just on our first day together because we're getting to know each other so well.

My group consists of 9 girls and 1 boy. One girl's from Baltimore, one's from Tulsa, one's from Phoenix, one's from the little ole town of Kress, TX, one's from Longview, one's from Houston, one's from Dallas. We cover the whole spectrum.

Today we had the opportunity also of going to work in the Buckner shoe factory organizing shoes. You can check it out here: Shoes for Orphan Souls. It was a hot sweaty day here in good ole Dallas, but it was fantastic.

Anyway, it's gonna be another early morning tomorrow as we leave for the airport at 5:30. Eesh. I guess I better go to bed. Tomorrow is our big travel day down to Guate. Please pray for our safety and ease of travel. I'm getting to be ecstatic about the trip. Today we watched a video that was completely filmed in Guatemala and I've never been more excited to go somewhere. Also pray that our group continues to bond. They are so great, I just pray that it will continue to get better!

Hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment