Friday, August 7, 2009

We'll remember all the times we spent together.

Alright, here it is. Tonight is our last night in Guatemala. A mere 19 hours from now I will be arriving in Amarillo, TX. I'm sure it will be quite the culture shock, but I don't really have a choice. This month has been absolutely incredible and it is SO hard to believe that it's over. Today we spent the morning traveling through Guate City touring different attractions (including a very large cemetery which I thought to be a little weird) and then ate lunch and headed over to the hotel we're staying in tonight. We got to just hang out for the afternoon here and then went out tonight for dinner at Los Cebollines, one of our favorite restaurants here.

I would like to thank you all again so much for your prayers and support. Yesterday we got to go to a community center in the morning and do a SHOE DROP!!! Oh my goodness, it was so incredible. Every single child we put shoes on was so so grateful and their parents even more so. I wish for each of you to be able to experience something like that. Giving something as simple as new socks and shoes to a child with little to nothing. In the afternoon we got to go back to San Gabriel and hang out with our youth boys again. It's funny how very simple relays can keep boys entertained for hours. Thursday our relay was running down and eating a watermelon one bite at a time and yesterday we had them run, do some push-ups, run, eat 2 saltine crackers, run back, do some jumping jacks which NONE of them knew how to do, and then tag the next person. The second time we ran the relay we had the boys dance for 10 seconds instead of jumping jacks because none of them knew how to do them. The dancing was WAY more entertaining. Oh my goodness. After that, a simple game of futbol kept them satisfied until it was time for us to go. Last night to end things off, we got to go play soccer with the transitional boys homes. Be proud, I was on the court (it was a concrete court) the entire game and kicked the ball 3 times. Yep. Against a bunch of Guatemalan teenage boys that's pretty good.

Well it's late and I need to sleep so I'm not delirious telling everyone bye tomorrow.
Please pray for safe traveling tomorrow and I will hopefully see you all in person soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment